We’re thrilled to announce our new partnership with Albertina Kerr! Hyatt Training is providing funding to support yoga and recreational activities in Albertina Kerr’s Crisis Psychiatric Care Program. Fitness and movement are a hugely important resource and tool in managing overall health. Study after study supports movement’s role in improved mental health.
How does the program work?
For each new client to Hyatt Training, we make a $50 donation in their honor to Albertina Kerr. We’ll also look for additional ways to support Albertina Kerr throughout the year.
Why Albertina Kerr?
- For us, it’s really pretty simple: They help the most vulnerable in our community. Albertina Kerr strengthens Oregon families and communities by helping children and adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges, empowering them to live richer lives.
- Albertina Kerr needs additional financial resources to be able to provide “extra” things like yoga and recreation. We feel these things are essential, not optional.
- Albertina Kerr is one of the most efficiently run organizations around.
- In both employee and volunteers roles, we’ve gotten to see first-hand the high quality staff and resources Albertina Kerr is able to provide. It is our honor and privilege to support their work.
- We’re passionate about what happens outside the walls of Hyatt Training in the community at large in Portland, Oregon. One of our core values is to connect with and do our part to keep Portland a vibrant place to live and work.
- For us it’s personal. We met while working with them to produce Albertina Kerr’s Race for the Roses. Our family and the Albertina Kerr family will always be linked.
About Crisis Psychiatric Care
At times children and families may temporarily require intensive mental health services in a safe and secure setting when a child is experiencing an urgent mental health crisis. The Crisis Psychiatric Care (Subacute) program is able to offer children a short term residential placement and 24-hour access to mental health professionals. Children receive a psychiatric assessment by a psychiatrist, individual and family therapy with a Master level clinician, and a physical health exam.
Children participate in therapeutic and recreational activities led by qualified mental health associates throughout the day to assist children in identifying alternate ways of handling the intense emotions that led to the need for intensive services.
The goals of the program are to stabilize children in crisis, provide effective mental health treatment and ultimately return the child to their home or a less intense level of care. The program also works to ensure that caregivers will be able to provide adequate supervision and monitoring, as well as an appropriate and safe environment to meet the child’s ongoing needs. Learn more.
About Alberina Kerr
Since 1907, Albertina Kerr has strengthened Oregon families and communities. Today, they provide programs and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges, empowering them to live richer lives. Learn more.
At Hyatt Training you’ll find more than just a good sweat. We’re passionate about what happens outside the walls of the studio in the community at large in Portland, Oregon. One of our core values is to connect with and do our part to keep Portland a vibrant place to live, work and be healthy. To learn more about what we’re all about or how we could help you, email us at Go@HyattTraining.com.