This simple, healthy, sheet pan dinner is one of our favorites for busy week nights. We enjoy it on repeat all winter long.
Healthy sheet pan chicken and broccoli
I love to make this meal on a Monday night. With just a few minutes on Sunday I can pre-cut the chicken and broccoli while prepping the peanut sauce. It makes dinner as easy as tossing items on to a sheet pan.
- Organic broccoli (approximately 3 cups uncooked per person)
- Organic chicken breast (approximately 4-8 oz per person)
- Peanut sauce (I like the sauce from this recipe)
- Rice of choice – organic jasmine in the Instant Pot or organic cauliflower rice
1) Cut chicken into bite sized to 2 inch pieces. If prepping the day before, marinade in some coconut aminos and sesame oil.
2) Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces
3) Make peanut sauce
All three steps can be done in advance.
4) Preheat oven to 350
5) Make rice in Instant Pot. Here’s my favorite recipe.
6) Add chicken to sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes
7) Add broccoli to sheet pan and bake 10 more minutes
8) Remove from oven. Assemble bowls of rice, chicken, broccoli and peanut sauce.
Author Lee Carson is a writer, business strategist, health advocate, principal and co-founder at both Hyatt Training and Florasophy. She believes in a minimally processed whole-foods approach to nutrition, and loves sharing ways to use food and movement as catalysts and tools for optimal health. Learn more about Lee, or get in touch with her by emailing us at Go@HyattTraining.com.
Hyatt Training is a team of certified, enthusiastic and innovative personal trainers and physical therapists in Portland, Oregon. To read more nutrition-related posts like this one, follow this link.