We’ve currently suspended operations until 4/1.
To our amazing community
It’s time to hit pause.
With continued news reports of escalating numbers and reports of communities ahead of us in the fight against COVID-19, we are proactively suspending studio operations until April 1.
We exist to help people lead their healthiest lives. (Dang, we LOVE that we get to support people with their health each day we come to work!). But right now, keeping a business open that is 100% social gathering-based does not support health in a way that aligns with our values, the CDC recommendations, or the inevitable closure of gyms in the Portland metro (it’s not a matter of if, but when).
It’s hard to imagine what the next few weeks and months will be like. But you have our guarantee that we will continue to support you through virtual communications and the Hyatt Training app. Do you have the app? Jeremy will be loading new home-based workouts throughout our closure to keep you moving and healthy, but from a distance. Hit reply if you need to get set up.
To that end, we are aware that trainers have offered and members have asked about in home sessions. We feel very strongly that this is a really really bad idea and brings too much risk for everyone involved. To continue to interact outside of these walls accomplishes nothing and puts everyone at an even greater risk than we are seeking to avoid.
While this looks like nothing any of us have seen before, we are more confident than ever that together we’ll make it through this.
Jeremy and Lee
UPDATED SAFETY POLICIES 3/15
In the face of COVID-19 we are committed to keeping the studio as safe as possible
- WASH HANDS: All clients and trainers MUST wash hands (20 seconds w/ hot water) before and after each workout.
- NO INDIVIDUAL WORKOUTS: Sessions with trainers only at this time to allow extra space between people.
- NO ‘OUT OF SCHOOL’ CHILDREN: Although our schools are out, we ask that members do NOT bring your children to the studio to hang out while you are working out. We are reserving the facility for essential entrants only at this time.
- CLEAN EQUIPMENT: Both trainers and clients must wipe down all equipment and handles before and after each use.
- DISTANCING DURING WORKOUTS: Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from other clients and other trainers whenever possible. Avoid shaking hands, hugging, or touching your face without a tissue.
- STAY IN ONE AREA: Whenever possible, keep your workouts in a fairly consistent area in order to avoid moving all around the gym.
- Individual open gym workouts including the Hour of Power and all chalkboard workouts.
- The 3/29 speaker series event
- 3/20 trainer mastermind session
- Please stay home if you are sick in any way.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water upon arrival at the studio to limit the ingress of germs.
- Please use the disinfectant spray and towel to wipe down equipment and mats after your use.
- Please wash your hands after your workout for at least 20 seconds.
- Please know that we’ll do our part to put extra attention towards wiping down surfaces.
Our expanded cleaning efforts of all common area flat surfaces will, of course, continue to be implemented.
Hyatt Training exists to support the health and wellness of our community. That is our #1 priority. We are also committed to being leaders in the face of COVID-19.
To that end, we will continue our expanded preventative cleaning measures indefinitely. Today we are adding social distancing to our proactive measures.
Our number one goal is for our members to feel comfortable coming to regularly scheduled sessions with their trainer.
1) Social distancing: Effective immediately, we are suspending all activities that are not direct personal training sessions. This includes:
We will send out communications to members with home-based workouts to replace any chalkboard workouts that might be part of regular routines. If you are interested and don’t currently have the Hyatt Training app, please let us know. Your trainer is at the ready to support you 110% with additional programming.
2) Preventative cleaning measures:
Earlier this month we expanded our cleaning efforts. In addition to our regular nightly cleaning tasks and weekly deep cleaning, we’ve added five additional daily surface wipe downs of all commonly used handles, flat surfaces, railings, etc. Each night, staff is spending extra time to sanitize the handles of the weights. New preventative measure: Removal of high touch items – almonds and water dispenser.
If there is any reason to avoid the studio, we will let you know right away. We will continue to follow the Oregon Health Authority and other medically recommended guidelines.
In the mean time:
As members, we consider you family. We want to support and protect you in any way we can. Along those same lines, we are a small business comprised of 20 personal trainers who rely on the studio to earn their living. We take both of these responsibilities extremely seriously and they will guide our decisions in the coming weeks.
Thank you for all your support of Hyatt Training. Together we’ll get through this. Exercise is one of the primary things you can do to boost your immune system. We encourage you to keep it up!
Jeremy and Lee
Hyatt Training exists to support the health and wellness of our community. We are committed to being leaders in the face of COVID-19. If you have suggestions of additional measures we can take, please email us at Go@HyattTraining.com.