Green through and through
We’ve always said that the color green in our brand is no accident. We’ve always been committed to being as sustainable as possible and sustainability is a key part of our core values. Rest assured that as we move to our new studio, we’ll be doing the sustainable things we’ve always done. But we’re excited because our new space and the build out process itself has allowed us to expand our efforts.
First and foremost the Fitzgibbons Glass Building itself is LEED Gold Certified. This will allow us to efficiently heat and cool the space to comfortable workout temperatures. But it also means that as “The Fitz” was developed in 2005 renovations were done sustainably and 95% of waste was diverted from landfills.
We reduce, reuse and recycle everything we can.
Here’s a little more of the story behind the story for what you’ll find at the new studio.
- Our lockers were upcycled and painted Hyatt Training green.
- You’ll find cloth hand towels in the locker rooms in place of paper. The paper products you do find are 100% recycled.
- We’ve incorporated LED lighting throughout the space.
- We kept intact and reused everything possible from the space in it’s previous form as an office.
- Front desk and bathroom shelves are made of recycled lumber.
- Our rubber flooring was made in McMinnville, Oregon by RB Rubber and contains up to 97% post-consumer recycled content. Each year RB Rubber converts roughly 5,000,000 used tires into flooring!
- Our drinking fountain provides filtered water and a bottle fill station to avoid paper cups and the washing of cups.
- The wood floor in the private studio upstairs are FloorScore certified, meaning they are low VOC and have passed rigorous testing to be a safe option for consumers interested in providing a healthy environment.
- We put in a 100-gallon high-efficiency gas water heater. We want to heat our water quickly and use as little energy as possible, but most importantly we don’t want you to have a cold shower!
- As always, we only use products that are healthy for our members and the planet. The truth is we use the same body wash, hand soap, dish soap and laundry detergent at our home that we choose to offer at the studio. If we won’t use it on our family, we won’t use it on you. That’s our promise. The coconut hand and body wash we use won the EPA’s Safer Choice award last year!
At Hyatt Training you’ll find more than just a good sweat. Our core values guide each decision we make every day. While we’re passionate about what happens inside our studio walls, we care just as much about what happens in our Portland community and beyond. We’re committed to reducing, reusing and recycling everything we can and using products that are healthy for our members and the planet. To learn more about our personal trainers, or to set up a free consultation to see how they could help you, email us at Go@HyattTraining.com.